Mayor hands out cash in Welwyn Hatfield
ALMOST �7,000 was handed over to good causes, by the outgoing mayor of Welwyn Hatfield.
Carl Storer had chosen four charities at the beginning of his year as mayor and has worked hard to raise cash throughout his term.
He raised �6,900 for the WGC Branch of the Royal British Legion, Welwyn Hatfield Community and Voluntary Services, choir Singing for Pleasure and the Mixed Group.
At the presentation at the council’s AGM, Jim Warren, on behalf of the legion, said: “I would like to thank Carl and his team for all the efforts they have made.
“This money is very much appreciated and it will be put to good use in the town to all those that need our help.”
You may also want to watch:
* Kicking off Helen Bromley’s fundraising year, the new mayor is hosting a champagne brunch – which is open to all.
The ticket-only event takes place at 10.30am on Saturday, June 9 at Christmas Cottage in Welwyn.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
Guests will be treated to smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, muffins and Champagne, for �12 a ticket.
To book call 01707 357412.