Mavericks star set to make 100th England appearance
AN international netball star who plays for a Hatfield-based team is on the verge of making her 100th appearance for England. Karen Atkinson captains Co-operative Netball Superleague champions Mavericks, who play their home games at the Hertfordshire Spor
AN international netball star who plays for a Hatfield-based team is on the verge of making her 100th appearance for England.
Karen Atkinson captains Co-operative Netball Superleague champions Mavericks, who play their home games at the Hertfordshire Sports Village.
And tonight (Thursday) she is set to reach a century of caps for her country.
England take on Jamaica this evening in Nottingham in the final meeting of a three-match test series.
You may also want to watch:
The host nation has won the previous two encounters against the Sunshine Girls, so has already claimed a series victory.
No doubt Atkinson will want to make it a whitewash to mark her landmark game in style.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Speaking to the WHT, the England co-captain revealed what it would mean to her to reach a century of England caps.
She said: "It just would be an amazing achievement.
"If you speak to my family none of us ever expected that I'd ever get a cap.
"You never presume somebody will be selected for England and then be able to play for the senior team so that was pretty special.
"Then to still being around to make it 100 caps I'm sure some of my family can't believe it, but they will believe it when they see it.