Mavericks star set to make 100th England appearance
AN international netball star who plays for a Hatfield-based team is on the verge of making her 100th appearance for England. Karen Atkinson captains Co-operative Netball Superleague champions Mavericks, who play their home games at the Hertfordshire Spor
AN international netball star who plays for a Hatfield-based team is on the verge of making her 100th appearance for England.
Karen Atkinson captains Co-operative Netball Superleague champions Mavericks, who play their home games at the Hertfordshire Sports Village.
And tonight (Thursday) she is set to reach a century of caps for her country.
England take on Jamaica this evening in Nottingham in the final meeting of a three-match test series.
You may also want to watch:
The host nation has won the previous two encounters against the Sunshine Girls, so has already claimed a series victory.
No doubt Atkinson will want to make it a whitewash to mark her landmark game in style.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
Speaking to the WHT, the England co-captain revealed what it would mean to her to reach a century of England caps.
She said: "It just would be an amazing achievement.
"If you speak to my family none of us ever expected that I'd ever get a cap.
"You never presume somebody will be selected for England and then be able to play for the senior team so that was pretty special.
"Then to still being around to make it 100 caps I'm sure some of my family can't believe it, but they will believe it when they see it.