MARC Farrell has a whole set of new fans.
As a footballer, he has had trials with the likes of Luton Town, QPR, Colchester United, Cambridge United and Bodens BK in Sweden.
The striker has also played for the likes of Harlow Town, Enfield Town and Hertford Town, and finished the season as top goalscorer for most teams he’s played for.
But now he can include Hertfordshire Business Award judges among those who recognise his talent.
For he netted the 2009 New Business Award for his football training academy SoccerTastic.
You may also want to watch:
It was an emotional moment for Marc at the ceremony in Knebworth Barns.
“It was an amazing feeling,” he said. “To be getting recognition from fellow businessmen, parents and kids, it felt like what we’re doing is moving forward and is the right thing for the community.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
SoccerTastic was set up in October 2008, and has its head offices in Cranborne Road, Potters Bar. It provides an innovative approach to football coaching, focusing on an individual development programme that tailors the training towards the individual.
The academy offers group or one to one sessions for girls, boys, men or women of all ages and all abilities, using the most up-to-date training equipment on the market.
“I felt the old-school way of doing things – a couple of cones and a football – needed improving,” Marc said. “What we try to do is provide professional equipment and put two coaches to every 14 kids.”
It is a formula that is currently proving very popular with would-be football stars in Cheshunt and Hoddesdon, where SoccerTastic runs its sessions. Will the company be moving further afield in the future?
“We would like to expand, but we’re just taking it softly and slowly at the moment,” said Marc. “But once the word gets around, I’m sure we’ll be moving into new communities and helping them out.”
For more information about SoccerTastic call Marc on 07951 373 370 or 0845 521 2085.
? SoccerTastic is offering football clubs and schools in Potters Bar a free ‘taster’ session. Simply call Marc and mention the WHT for your free lesson.