Marathon ski in aid of Leukaemia Research
A MARATHON ski took place recently to raise money for Leukaemia Research. Brian Heague took to the dry ski slope at Welwyn Garden City s Gosling Sports Park and skied continuously for 30 hours. He hopes to have raised more than �3,000. Brian staged the
A MARATHON ski took place recently to raise money for Leukaemia Research.
Brian Heague took to the dry ski slope at Welwyn Garden City's Gosling Sports Park and skied continuously for 30 hours.
He hopes to have raised more than �3,000.
Brian staged the marathon event in memory of his wife Chrissy who died of the disease.
You may also want to watch:
In 1994 he skied non-stop for 24 hours at Gosling and raised a similar amount for the charity.
He said: "The event was a great success.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
"So much money is needed to help fight this dreadful disease that ultimately killed my Chrissy in April 1985.
"This is my tiny way of doing what I can."
Anyone wishing to sponsor can still do so by sending donations (cheques made payable to Leukaemia Research) to Brian Heague, 19 Saxon Rise, Irchester, Northants, NN29 7AU.
There is a full interview with Brian in today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.