Maniac hurls rock from bridge shattering car windscreen
A DRIVER was left “very shaken” after a yob threw a rock at a passing car from a bridge over the road.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after the attack in South Mimms, which left the Nissan Almera’s windscreen shattered.
The incident occurred at 12.15pm on Saturday, on the bridge in Cecil Road that runs over Swanland Road.
Sergeant Malcolm Dey from the Hatfield neighbourhood team said: “This reckless incident has potentially serious consequences and puts the lives of road users in real danger.
“Fortunately the driver was unharmed, however they were very shaken.
You may also want to watch:
“We take such incidents extremely seriously and we are fully investigating the matter. I would remind people that this offence is punishable by seven years in prison.”
• Anyone with any information should call Herts Police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!