Maniac hurls rock from bridge shattering car windscreen
A DRIVER was left “very shaken” after a yob threw a rock at a passing car from a bridge over the road.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after the attack in South Mimms, which left the Nissan Almera’s windscreen shattered.
The incident occurred at 12.15pm on Saturday, on the bridge in Cecil Road that runs over Swanland Road.
Sergeant Malcolm Dey from the Hatfield neighbourhood team said: “This reckless incident has potentially serious consequences and puts the lives of road users in real danger.
“Fortunately the driver was unharmed, however they were very shaken.
You may also want to watch:
“We take such incidents extremely seriously and we are fully investigating the matter. I would remind people that this offence is punishable by seven years in prison.”
• Anyone with any information should call Herts Police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award