Man “with black eye” wanted over attempted burglary in Hatfield
A MAN with a black eye is being hunted by police in connection with an attempted burglary in Hatfield.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is appealing for witnesses following reports of a man trying to force his way into a home in Furzen Crescent on Thursday, November 19.
At around 2.50pm, a man knocked on the door of the home using the letter box. When there was no response, he knocked on the door.
After again receiving no response, the man attempted to force the door open, before giving up and running off towards Bishops Rise.
The man is described as white, about 6ft tall with short, dark brown hair. He was wearing grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark jacket and had “distinctive bruising around his left eye”, according to a police spokeswoman.
Detective inspector Chris Wright said: “We are appealing to anyone who might recognise this very distinctive description of the suspect.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 22 with any information.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas