Man “with black eye” wanted over attempted burglary in Hatfield
A MAN with a black eye is being hunted by police in connection with an attempted burglary in Hatfield.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is appealing for witnesses following reports of a man trying to force his way into a home in Furzen Crescent on Thursday, November 19.
At around 2.50pm, a man knocked on the door of the home using the letter box. When there was no response, he knocked on the door.
After again receiving no response, the man attempted to force the door open, before giving up and running off towards Bishops Rise.
The man is described as white, about 6ft tall with short, dark brown hair. He was wearing grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark jacket and had “distinctive bruising around his left eye”, according to a police spokeswoman.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Chris Wright said: “We are appealing to anyone who might recognise this very distinctive description of the suspect.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 22 with any information.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder