Man who killed pregnant lover jailed
A JUNKIE who killed his pregnant lover in a horror death crash has been jailed for seven years.
WGC man Damian Martin admitted causing the death of Miranda King, while high on prescription drugs, after crashing her car on Birchall Lane, WGC.
The 35-year-old from Howlands House was sentenced at St Albans Crown Court this afternoon (Friday).
Mr Justice Cooke told Martin: “Two people were killed and one seriously injured, you even claimed you weren’t driving.
“You had no insurance, no licence and were disqualified from driving less than a month beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
“You have a history of drug abuse and you had abused prescription drugs.
“You should never have been driving at all.”
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
Martin was sentenced to seven years in jail, with an extended sentence of three years, where he will be closely monitored.
He was also banned from driving for ten years.