Man who killed pregnant lover jailed
A JUNKIE who killed his pregnant lover in a horror death crash has been jailed for seven years.
WGC man Damian Martin admitted causing the death of Miranda King, while high on prescription drugs, after crashing her car on Birchall Lane, WGC.
The 35-year-old from Howlands House was sentenced at St Albans Crown Court this afternoon (Friday).
Mr Justice Cooke told Martin: “Two people were killed and one seriously injured, you even claimed you weren’t driving.
“You had no insurance, no licence and were disqualified from driving less than a month beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
“You have a history of drug abuse and you had abused prescription drugs.
“You should never have been driving at all.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
Martin was sentenced to seven years in jail, with an extended sentence of three years, where he will be closely monitored.
He was also banned from driving for ten years.