Man who killed pregnant lover jailed
A JUNKIE who killed his pregnant lover in a horror death crash has been jailed for seven years.
WGC man Damian Martin admitted causing the death of Miranda King, while high on prescription drugs, after crashing her car on Birchall Lane, WGC.
The 35-year-old from Howlands House was sentenced at St Albans Crown Court this afternoon (Friday).
Mr Justice Cooke told Martin: “Two people were killed and one seriously injured, you even claimed you weren’t driving.
“You had no insurance, no licence and were disqualified from driving less than a month beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
“You have a history of drug abuse and you had abused prescription drugs.
“You should never have been driving at all.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
Martin was sentenced to seven years in jail, with an extended sentence of three years, where he will be closely monitored.
He was also banned from driving for ten years.