Man who killed pregnant lover jailed
A JUNKIE who killed his pregnant lover in a horror death crash has been jailed for seven years.
WGC man Damian Martin admitted causing the death of Miranda King, while high on prescription drugs, after crashing her car on Birchall Lane, WGC.
The 35-year-old from Howlands House was sentenced at St Albans Crown Court this afternoon (Friday).
Mr Justice Cooke told Martin: “Two people were killed and one seriously injured, you even claimed you weren’t driving.
“You had no insurance, no licence and were disqualified from driving less than a month beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
“You have a history of drug abuse and you had abused prescription drugs.
“You should never have been driving at all.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
Martin was sentenced to seven years in jail, with an extended sentence of three years, where he will be closely monitored.
He was also banned from driving for ten years.