Man viciously assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
A MAN viciously attacked outside a WGC pub was “out cold for up to 10 minutes”, an eyewitness has said.
On Christmas Eve the 23-year-old victim from WGC was punched in the face outside The Parkway Bar in Parkway.
An eyewitness told the Welwyn Hatfield Times that police swarmed the area minutes after the seemingly “unprovoked” attack just before midnight.
He said: “The victim was out cold for up to 10 minutes.
“When he got up his eyes were not registering and he collapsed again.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a savage attack, completely out of order.”
East of England Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 11.45pm and conveyed a man in his 20s to the QE2 Hospital.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
“He had minor injuries and was later released.”
A police spokeswoman said around eight officers had attended the incident.
She added: “A 27-year-old man from Hertford was arrested on suspicion of assault but later released as the victim did not want to press charges.”