Man viciously assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
A MAN viciously attacked outside a WGC pub was “out cold for up to 10 minutes”, an eyewitness has said.
On Christmas Eve the 23-year-old victim from WGC was punched in the face outside The Parkway Bar in Parkway.
An eyewitness told the Welwyn Hatfield Times that police swarmed the area minutes after the seemingly “unprovoked” attack just before midnight.
He said: “The victim was out cold for up to 10 minutes.
“When he got up his eyes were not registering and he collapsed again.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a savage attack, completely out of order.”
East of England Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 11.45pm and conveyed a man in his 20s to the QE2 Hospital.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“He had minor injuries and was later released.”
A police spokeswoman said around eight officers had attended the incident.
She added: “A 27-year-old man from Hertford was arrested on suspicion of assault but later released as the victim did not want to press charges.”