Man stabbed in Hatfield nightclub
A MAN was stabbed in the back with a knife at a packed nightclub.
Hundreds of clubbers were milling around outside as more than 30 police officers arrived at Base Nightclub in Hatfield Town Centre.
A police spokeswoman said the incident began inside the club, before spilling on to the street.
The victim, a 20-year-old from London, was wearing a home-made stab proof vest.
He was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC for treatment to a superficial wound shortly after 3.15am last Wednesday. The man was discharged the same day.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman added: “No one else was injured during the incident and enquiries are ongoing.”
* A 19-year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of GBH and affray. He was released on police bail until next month.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation