Man stabbed and Hatfield home torched
A MAN who was stabbed in the stomach, had his flat firebombed just three days later.
The 41-year-old victim was knifed in the stomach and was taken to hospital once police arrived at Clayton House, off Lemsford Road, Hatfield, shortly after midnight on Thursday.
Sgt Pete Ward said: “It’s believed the victim was assaulted by a group of men in a targeted attack.”
Although injuries were not thought to be life-threatening, the man remained in hospital, but was discharged after the weekend.
But on Monday more than 40 residents were evacuated from the same flat block after petrol was poured through the victim’s letterbox and set alight.
You may also want to watch:
Three men are now being hunted by police on suspicion of arson.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “We believe this fire is the result of an ongoing dispute between a group of people.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 41-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman from Hatfield were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.