Man stabbed and Hatfield home torched
A MAN who was stabbed in the stomach, had his flat firebombed just three days later.
The 41-year-old victim was knifed in the stomach and was taken to hospital once police arrived at Clayton House, off Lemsford Road, Hatfield, shortly after midnight on Thursday.
Sgt Pete Ward said: “It’s believed the victim was assaulted by a group of men in a targeted attack.”
Although injuries were not thought to be life-threatening, the man remained in hospital, but was discharged after the weekend.
But on Monday more than 40 residents were evacuated from the same flat block after petrol was poured through the victim’s letterbox and set alight.
You may also want to watch:
Three men are now being hunted by police on suspicion of arson.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “We believe this fire is the result of an ongoing dispute between a group of people.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 41-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman from Hatfield were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.