Man stabbed and Hatfield home torched
A MAN who was stabbed in the stomach, had his flat firebombed just three days later.
The 41-year-old victim was knifed in the stomach and was taken to hospital once police arrived at Clayton House, off Lemsford Road, Hatfield, shortly after midnight on Thursday.
Sgt Pete Ward said: “It’s believed the victim was assaulted by a group of men in a targeted attack.”
Although injuries were not thought to be life-threatening, the man remained in hospital, but was discharged after the weekend.
But on Monday more than 40 residents were evacuated from the same flat block after petrol was poured through the victim’s letterbox and set alight.
You may also want to watch:
Three men are now being hunted by police on suspicion of arson.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “We believe this fire is the result of an ongoing dispute between a group of people.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 41-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman from Hatfield were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.