Man seriously injured in road crash
A MAN was rushed to hospital with serious head injuries and a broken leg after he was in collision with a van.
The accident happened in Travellers Lane, Welham Green, at 2pm this afternoon (Friday).
The pedestrian, a man in his 50s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC. Police said his injuries were serious, but not thought to be life-threatening.
Police and the ambulance service were called to the scene and a cordon was placed on the road while investigations were carried out. This has now been removed.
The van driver was later arrested in connection with the incident and is currently in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses told the Welwyn Hatfield Times there had been reports of a fight shortly before the pedestrian was involved in the accident.
* Witnesses to the accident should call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
- 2 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 6 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes