Man seriously injured in road crash
A MAN was rushed to hospital with serious head injuries and a broken leg after he was in collision with a van.
The accident happened in Travellers Lane, Welham Green, at 2pm this afternoon (Friday).
The pedestrian, a man in his 50s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC. Police said his injuries were serious, but not thought to be life-threatening.
Police and the ambulance service were called to the scene and a cordon was placed on the road while investigations were carried out. This has now been removed.
The van driver was later arrested in connection with the incident and is currently in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses told the Welwyn Hatfield Times there had been reports of a fight shortly before the pedestrian was involved in the accident.
* Witnesses to the accident should call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility