Man seriously hurt in Welwyn Garden City car smash
A MAN suffered a serious head injury after he was involved in a collision with a car in WGC yesterday (Sunday).
The 22-year-old pedestrian was rushed to the QE2 Hospital following the accident, which involved a black Vauxhall Corsa, in Stanborough Road.
The road by Stanborough Lakes was closed for around an hour-and-a-half after police arrived on the scene at 11.25am.
The man was treated by paramedics before being taken by ambulance to hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
The 45-year-old Corsa driver was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash. If you have information call 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation