Man robbed and assaulted in Times Territory
A WORKER was robbed and assaulted by two men while on his way to a post office to cash in his employer’s weekend takings.
The man was walking down Newgatestreet Road in Goffs Oak on Monday when the robbers struck.
At about 10am, the culprits approached the victim, grabbed his rucksack – believed to have contained thousands of pounds – and then sprayed a “noxious substance” in his face.
The robbers then got away in a black Peugeot 107 waiting nearby.
Police are not revealing which business the victim worked for, but that he sustained slight injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Gerry Mcdonald said: “This was a shocking ordeal for the victim to have gone through and we are doing all we can to find these offenders.”
The first robber, who grabbed the bag, is white, around 5ft 8in, of athletic build with short hair.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
He was wearing a grey cloth tracksuit and white trainers.
The second thug is also white, of large build and around 5ft 5in with short dark hair.
He was wearing dark clothing.
DI Mcdonald added: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time the incident took place or if anyone recognises the offenders described to get in contact as soon as possible.”
Witnesses should call police on 0845 33 00 222.