Man robbed and assaulted in Times Territory
A WORKER was robbed and assaulted by two men while on his way to a post office to cash in his employer’s weekend takings.
The man was walking down Newgatestreet Road in Goffs Oak on Monday when the robbers struck.
At about 10am, the culprits approached the victim, grabbed his rucksack – believed to have contained thousands of pounds – and then sprayed a “noxious substance” in his face.
The robbers then got away in a black Peugeot 107 waiting nearby.
Police are not revealing which business the victim worked for, but that he sustained slight injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Gerry Mcdonald said: “This was a shocking ordeal for the victim to have gone through and we are doing all we can to find these offenders.”
The first robber, who grabbed the bag, is white, around 5ft 8in, of athletic build with short hair.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
He was wearing a grey cloth tracksuit and white trainers.
The second thug is also white, of large build and around 5ft 5in with short dark hair.
He was wearing dark clothing.
DI Mcdonald added: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time the incident took place or if anyone recognises the offenders described to get in contact as soon as possible.”
Witnesses should call police on 0845 33 00 222.