Man remanded in custody to face court in connection with disappearance of Hatfield student Joy Morgan
- Credit: Archant
A man has been remanded in custody to appear in court after being charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a University of Hertfordshire student missing from Hatfield.
Shohfah-El Israel (previously known as Ajibola Shogbamimu), 40, of Fordwych Road, London, appeared at Hatfield Remand Court this morning and was remanded to appear at St Albans Crown Court tomorrow at 10am.
He was charged with murder yesterday.
Joy, 21, was last seen in Ilford on December 26, 2018.
She was reported missing to police on Thursday, February 7.
The midwifery student has links to Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
Her body has not yet been found and enquiries are ongoing.
• Any information that could assist the investigation can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1.
• You can also contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
• Alternatively, you anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. In over 30 years, Crimestoppers charity has always kept its promise of anonymity to everyone who contacts them.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting