Man remanded in custody to face court in connection with disappearance of Hatfield student Joy Morgan
- Credit: Archant
A man has been remanded in custody to appear in court after being charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a University of Hertfordshire student missing from Hatfield.
Shohfah-El Israel (previously known as Ajibola Shogbamimu), 40, of Fordwych Road, London, appeared at Hatfield Remand Court this morning and was remanded to appear at St Albans Crown Court tomorrow at 10am.
He was charged with murder yesterday.
Joy, 21, was last seen in Ilford on December 26, 2018.
She was reported missing to police on Thursday, February 7.
You may also want to watch:
The midwifery student has links to Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
Her body has not yet been found and enquiries are ongoing.
• Any information that could assist the investigation can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1.
• You can also contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
• Alternatively, you anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. In over 30 years, Crimestoppers charity has always kept its promise of anonymity to everyone who contacts them.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire