Burglar of vulnerable Hatfield resident’s home now behind bars
- Credit: Herts police
A man has been jailed after he burgled the home of a man with dementia in Hatfield.
Christopher Coulton, aged 33 and of no fixed abode, was sentenced to three years and four months at St Albans Crown Court on Tuesday, January 8.
On Tuesday, October 2, 2018, Coulton broke into an elderly resident’s home in the Birchwood area.
The victim, who suffers from dementia, was unaware the burglary had occurred until officers found discarded property near his home the next day.
Following a report of suspicious behaviour being caught on home CCTV, Coulton was identified and arrested on Saturday, October 6, 2018.
PC Angela Wilcox, from the Operation Scorpion Team, said: “We are pleased that Christopher Coulton is now behind bars and I hope this reassures residents that we will take strong action to target those who commit crime in Welwyn Hatfield.
“If you spot suspicious activity in your area, please never hesitate to report it to us. Remember, if a crime is in action or someone’s life is in danger, always call 999 straight away.”
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?