Man hurt after building collapses in Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
A man has been hurt after part of a home in Welwyn collapsed.
Police, fire and ambulance crews are on the scene this afternoon (Tuesday) in Rosecroft Lane, in Oaklands, following the collapse.
A police spokeswoman told Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called by the ambulance service just after 3.15pm.
“It was a report that part of a building had collapsed onto a man.
“The fire brigade was called as well.”
A fire service spokesman said no one was trapped following the collapse.
It is understood the man was not seriously hurt, but has been treated by paramedics.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Six charged and £11,000 seized after drug raids
- 3 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 4 Liam Gallagher set times announced for Knebworth Park concerts
- 5 Police release CCTV imagery following Hatfield brawl
- 6 Liam Gallagher's expected setlist for Knebworth Park concert features classic Oasis tracks
- 7 Man in his 80s attacked by dog in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield landlord prosecuted for safety breaches at rental property
- 9 WGC station to receive a makeover by local gardening group
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
Officers from Welwyn Hatfield Council were called to survey the damage.