Man hospitalised after building site fall in Essendon
A MAN was taken to hospital with minor back injuries after falling on a building site in Essendon this afternoon (Tuesday).The 43-year-old builder, from Waltham Abbey, was taken to the QE2
A MAN was taken to hospital with minor back injuries after falling on a building site in Essendon this afternoon (Tuesday).
The 43-year-old builder, from Waltham Abbey, was taken to the QE2 Hospital following the accident, which took place at around noon.
Hertord-based paramedic Francesca Harris and emergency medical technician Jessica Willetts attended the scene.
Francesca said: "The man had fallen from the loft space and landed on his back on the floor below.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to this, the fire service were called upon to assist us removing him as smoothly and safely as possible.
"We administered a pain relieving drug to him before the fire service winched him down to the lower level.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
"Following further stabilisation at the scene, he was taken to the QE2 with a back injury."