Man hospitalised after building site fall in Essendon
A MAN was taken to hospital with minor back injuries after falling on a building site in Essendon this afternoon (Tuesday).The 43-year-old builder, from Waltham Abbey, was taken to the QE2
A MAN was taken to hospital with minor back injuries after falling on a building site in Essendon this afternoon (Tuesday).
The 43-year-old builder, from Waltham Abbey, was taken to the QE2 Hospital following the accident, which took place at around noon.
Hertord-based paramedic Francesca Harris and emergency medical technician Jessica Willetts attended the scene.
Francesca said: "The man had fallen from the loft space and landed on his back on the floor below.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to this, the fire service were called upon to assist us removing him as smoothly and safely as possible.
"We administered a pain relieving drug to him before the fire service winched him down to the lower level.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
"Following further stabilisation at the scene, he was taken to the QE2 with a back injury."