Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- Credit: Ali Horsfall
A man has drowned at Stanborough Lakes in Welwyn Garden City.
Herts police were called shortly after 8.15pm yesterday to reports that a man was in difficulty in the water.
A spokesperson for Herts police said: "Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services.
"A search of the water was carried out and the man was located. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
"His next of kin have been informed. Enquiries are continuing at this time to establish the circumstances around what happened."
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness said: "I happened to be at the lake at the time it unravelled. I witnessed two swimmers and then distress as one apparently went underwater. Police were at the scene within 10 minutes with rescue teams quickly in the water."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 5 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend