Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- Credit: Ali Horsfall
A man has drowned at Stanborough Lakes in Welwyn Garden City.
Herts police were called shortly after 8.15pm yesterday to reports that a man was in difficulty in the water.
A spokesperson for Herts police said: "Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services.
"A search of the water was carried out and the man was located. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
"His next of kin have been informed. Enquiries are continuing at this time to establish the circumstances around what happened."
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness said: "I happened to be at the lake at the time it unravelled. I witnessed two swimmers and then distress as one apparently went underwater. Police were at the scene within 10 minutes with rescue teams quickly in the water."
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays