Man dies after using Welwyn Garden City gym
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked. Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 56, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning. Paramedics were
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked.
Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 50, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning.
Paramedics were called to the Stanborough Road centre at 9.20am, and Mr Welsh, who lived in Hatfield, was taken to the QE2 Hospital, where he later died.
This week, his friends and colleagues lined up to pay tribute to Mr Welsh.
You may also want to watch:
Gosling chief executive Penny Arnold said: "This is an extremely sad time for all involved and our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with his family and friends.
"Bill had worked at Gosling as a part-time ski instructor since 2002 and was a popular member of the team. He will be greatly missed."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Regular gym-user Ian Miller said: "He was a hell of a nice man. I always thought he was a very pleasant chap. It's very sad, he'll be missed."
A spokesman for the Hertfordshire coroner said Mr Welsh died of natural causes.