Man dies after using Welwyn Garden City gym
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked. Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 56, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning. Paramedics were
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked.
Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 50, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning.
Paramedics were called to the Stanborough Road centre at 9.20am, and Mr Welsh, who lived in Hatfield, was taken to the QE2 Hospital, where he later died.
This week, his friends and colleagues lined up to pay tribute to Mr Welsh.
You may also want to watch:
Gosling chief executive Penny Arnold said: "This is an extremely sad time for all involved and our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with his family and friends.
"Bill had worked at Gosling as a part-time ski instructor since 2002 and was a popular member of the team. He will be greatly missed."
- 1 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 4 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 5 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 10 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
Regular gym-user Ian Miller said: "He was a hell of a nice man. I always thought he was a very pleasant chap. It's very sad, he'll be missed."
A spokesman for the Hertfordshire coroner said Mr Welsh died of natural causes.