Man dies after using Welwyn Garden City gym
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked. Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 56, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning. Paramedics were
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked.
Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 50, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning.
Paramedics were called to the Stanborough Road centre at 9.20am, and Mr Welsh, who lived in Hatfield, was taken to the QE2 Hospital, where he later died.
This week, his friends and colleagues lined up to pay tribute to Mr Welsh.
Gosling chief executive Penny Arnold said: "This is an extremely sad time for all involved and our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with his family and friends.
"Bill had worked at Gosling as a part-time ski instructor since 2002 and was a popular member of the team. He will be greatly missed."
- 1 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 2 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 3 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 4 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 5 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Free Compassionate Neighbours training session to be held by Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 Body of a man discovered in woodland near Welham Green
- 10 What happened to the 633 Squadron movie-star Mosquitos?
Regular gym-user Ian Miller said: "He was a hell of a nice man. I always thought he was a very pleasant chap. It's very sad, he'll be missed."
A spokesman for the Hertfordshire coroner said Mr Welsh died of natural causes.