Man dies after using Welwyn Garden City gym
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked. Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 56, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning. Paramedics were
A MAN died of a suspected heart attack while using the gym at the leisure complex where he worked.
Ski instructor Bill Welsh, 50, was exercising in the fitness studio at Gosling Sports Park in WGC when he was taken ill on Friday morning.
Paramedics were called to the Stanborough Road centre at 9.20am, and Mr Welsh, who lived in Hatfield, was taken to the QE2 Hospital, where he later died.
This week, his friends and colleagues lined up to pay tribute to Mr Welsh.
You may also want to watch:
Gosling chief executive Penny Arnold said: "This is an extremely sad time for all involved and our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with his family and friends.
"Bill had worked at Gosling as a part-time ski instructor since 2002 and was a popular member of the team. He will be greatly missed."
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
Regular gym-user Ian Miller said: "He was a hell of a nice man. I always thought he was a very pleasant chap. It's very sad, he'll be missed."
A spokesman for the Hertfordshire coroner said Mr Welsh died of natural causes.