Man dead following A1(M) crash near Welwyn, police confirm
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man has died following a crash on the A1(M).
The road is currently closed, although officers are expecting it to reopen “soon”.
The crash happened shortly before 6am on the northbound carriageway between Welwyn and Stevenage.
One car, a black Vauxhall Astra, is believed to have veered off the road.
Police have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
The man was cut free by fire crews from Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
He was taken to hospital, but died of his injuries.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust received a 999 call at 5.57am and sent an ambulance and rapid response vehicle.”