Man 'Critical' after road accident in Hatfield
A MAN is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Hatfield on Friday night. Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, t
A MAN is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Hatfield on Friday night.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, to the north of the junction with the Dixons Hill Road, Welham Green.
The pedestrian, a 37-year-old from Potters Bar, was taken to QE2 Hospital in WGC, where his condition has been described as critical.
Inspector Paul Davis, from the roads policing unit, said: "We are trying to establish the circumstances of this collision and I am appealing to anyone who may have seen it take place to make contact with police.
"Also, if you saw the pedestrian in the area before the incident, we would like to speak with you."
The man was wearing blue jeans and a blue t-shirt.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
Anyone with information should call the police via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.