Man 'Critical' after road accident in Hatfield
A MAN is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Hatfield on Friday night. Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, t
A MAN is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Hatfield on Friday night.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, to the north of the junction with the Dixons Hill Road, Welham Green.
The pedestrian, a 37-year-old from Potters Bar, was taken to QE2 Hospital in WGC, where his condition has been described as critical.
Inspector Paul Davis, from the roads policing unit, said: "We are trying to establish the circumstances of this collision and I am appealing to anyone who may have seen it take place to make contact with police.
You may also want to watch:
"Also, if you saw the pedestrian in the area before the incident, we would like to speak with you."
The man was wearing blue jeans and a blue t-shirt.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
Anyone with information should call the police via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.