Man 'Critical' after road accident in Hatfield
A MAN is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Hatfield on Friday night. Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, t
A MAN is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Hatfield on Friday night.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, to the north of the junction with the Dixons Hill Road, Welham Green.
The pedestrian, a 37-year-old from Potters Bar, was taken to QE2 Hospital in WGC, where his condition has been described as critical.
Inspector Paul Davis, from the roads policing unit, said: "We are trying to establish the circumstances of this collision and I am appealing to anyone who may have seen it take place to make contact with police.
You may also want to watch:
"Also, if you saw the pedestrian in the area before the incident, we would like to speak with you."
The man was wearing blue jeans and a blue t-shirt.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
Anyone with information should call the police via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.