Man charged with Hatfield arson
A MAN has been charged with arson following an inferno at a flat in Hatfield.
The blaze took hold in a first floor flat in Willow Way at around 7pm on Sunday.
Watch commander Steve Duncan, from Hatfield fire station, said: “When we arrived the first floor was well alight and heavily smoke logged.”
Mr Duncan said the fire had started in a back bedroom and described the cause as “doubtful”.
He also confirmed that firefighters led one “confused” occupant to safety.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to the QE2 Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation,” Mr Duncan said.
John Scott, 39, of Willow Way, Hatfield, has been charged with arson with intent and has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed