Man charged with Hatfield arson
A MAN has been charged with arson following an inferno at a flat in Hatfield.
The blaze took hold in a first floor flat in Willow Way at around 7pm on Sunday.
Watch commander Steve Duncan, from Hatfield fire station, said: “When we arrived the first floor was well alight and heavily smoke logged.”
Mr Duncan said the fire had started in a back bedroom and described the cause as “doubtful”.
He also confirmed that firefighters led one “confused” occupant to safety.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to the QE2 Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation,” Mr Duncan said.
John Scott, 39, of Willow Way, Hatfield, has been charged with arson with intent and has been remanded in custody.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics