Man charged with Hatfield arson
A MAN has been charged with arson following an inferno at a flat in Hatfield.
The blaze took hold in a first floor flat in Willow Way at around 7pm on Sunday.
Watch commander Steve Duncan, from Hatfield fire station, said: “When we arrived the first floor was well alight and heavily smoke logged.”
Mr Duncan said the fire had started in a back bedroom and described the cause as “doubtful”.
He also confirmed that firefighters led one “confused” occupant to safety.
“He was taken to the QE2 Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation,” Mr Duncan said.
John Scott, 39, of Willow Way, Hatfield, has been charged with arson with intent and has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?