Man charged with Hatfield arson
A MAN has been charged with arson following an inferno at a flat in Hatfield.
The blaze took hold in a first floor flat in Willow Way at around 7pm on Sunday.
Watch commander Steve Duncan, from Hatfield fire station, said: “When we arrived the first floor was well alight and heavily smoke logged.”
Mr Duncan said the fire had started in a back bedroom and described the cause as “doubtful”.
He also confirmed that firefighters led one “confused” occupant to safety.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to the QE2 Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation,” Mr Duncan said.
John Scott, 39, of Willow Way, Hatfield, has been charged with arson with intent and has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17