Man caught red-handed in Hatfield burglary
A BURGLAR who was caught red-handed after breaking into a house with a crowbar has been jailed for six months.
Darryl Daley, of no fixed abode, was locked up after pleading guilty to the break in at Hillfield in Hatfield on Friday.
On Monday magistrates heard the 38-year-old formerly of Little Hardings, WGC, had searched the house but was caught inside by police officers.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “This was an excellent result where Daley had no choice but to admit the burglary after officers caught him red-handed.
“We know this was an opportunist burglary and I would like to remind residents to continue to make sure their property is left secure – away from the temptation of thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We tend to see an increase in burglaries in the area as students return for the next term and new students start university life – but together, we can reduce the number of burglary victims.”
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses