Man caught red-handed in Hatfield burglary
A BURGLAR who was caught red-handed after breaking into a house with a crowbar has been jailed for six months.
Darryl Daley, of no fixed abode, was locked up after pleading guilty to the break in at Hillfield in Hatfield on Friday.
On Monday magistrates heard the 38-year-old formerly of Little Hardings, WGC, had searched the house but was caught inside by police officers.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “This was an excellent result where Daley had no choice but to admit the burglary after officers caught him red-handed.
“We know this was an opportunist burglary and I would like to remind residents to continue to make sure their property is left secure – away from the temptation of thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We tend to see an increase in burglaries in the area as students return for the next term and new students start university life – but together, we can reduce the number of burglary victims.”
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 4 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 8 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar