Man bottled in Hatfield
A MAN was hospitalised with a cut ear after being struck on the head with a glass bottle.
The 22-year-old was wounded after becoming involved in an argument involving between three and four men outside the Base nightclub in Hatfield town centre.
The assault took place at around 3am on Saturday.
Following the attack, the men headed off towards Asda on foot, where it is believed they became involved in a confrontation with another group of people.
Detective Constable Glen Turrell-Oldacre, investigating, said: “Thankfully incidents of this nature are rare in the area, although it was a frightening incident for the victim to go through and we are treating it very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the incident and can recognise those responsible to get in contact.”
Call 0845 33 00 222 with information.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return