Man bottled in Hatfield
A MAN was hospitalised with a cut ear after being struck on the head with a glass bottle.
The 22-year-old was wounded after becoming involved in an argument involving between three and four men outside the Base nightclub in Hatfield town centre.
The assault took place at around 3am on Saturday.
Following the attack, the men headed off towards Asda on foot, where it is believed they became involved in a confrontation with another group of people.
Detective Constable Glen Turrell-Oldacre, investigating, said: “Thankfully incidents of this nature are rare in the area, although it was a frightening incident for the victim to go through and we are treating it very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the incident and can recognise those responsible to get in contact.”
Call 0845 33 00 222 with information.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home