Man banned from Potters Bar pubs
A MAN has been banned from all Potters Bar pubs after he attacked a member of staff in The Admiral Byng.
Richard Stanford-Davies, of Dellsome Lane, Welham Green, was given the exclusion order by Central Herts magistrates on Wednesday – banning him from all pubs in the area for one year.
It follows an incident on August 22 at the Darkes Lane pub where the drunken lout punched a staff member, smashed glasses and ripped a door off its hinges.
Stanford-Davies, 35, was charged with common assault and criminal damage.
He was sentenced to 16 weeks’ jail for the assault, suspended for 12 months, with �100 compensation and eight weeks’ jail, suspended for 12 months for the criminal damage, with �150 compensation to The Admiral Byng.
You may also want to watch:
Police licensing officer Des Michael said: “This kind of violent behaviour will not be tolerated.
“Alcohol always impairs judgement and I hope this sends out a reminder to people to think of the consequences of their actions.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Pubgoers won’t be needed to keep an eye out for him, though.
A police spokeswoman said: “All pubs in Potters Bar have been informed about the order under the Pubwatch scheme so it is not proportional or in the public interest to release his photograph more widely.”