Man assaulted in Welwyn Garden City after good citizen act
A MAN who tried to be a knight in shining armour was attacked.
The 32-year-old was walking home during the early hours of Thursday, near Woodhall Parade, in WGC, when he met a couple who were having a domestic dispute.
As he walked past the woman in the couple requested to be walked home.
As the helper led her towards her house, he was attacked by the man in the couple.
The attacker is described as white, in his late teens to early 20s; around 5ft 10ins tall with a slim to medium build. He had short dark hair, which was very short on the sides.
You may also want to watch:
He went off, with the woman, in the direction of King George V Playing Fields.
The woman is described as white, also in her late teens to early 20s, with a medium build. Her hair was tied back.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Police are appealing for witnesses to the assault, which took place between 12.15am to 12.30am, and would also like to talk to the couple involved.
Detective constable Glen Turrell-Oldacre is investigating and said: “This was an apparently unprovoked assault on a man who had come to the aid of a woman in distress.”
Contact police with information on 0845 33 00 222.