Man assaulted in Welwyn Garden City after good citizen act
A MAN who tried to be a knight in shining armour was attacked.
The 32-year-old was walking home during the early hours of Thursday, near Woodhall Parade, in WGC, when he met a couple who were having a domestic dispute.
As he walked past the woman in the couple requested to be walked home.
As the helper led her towards her house, he was attacked by the man in the couple.
The attacker is described as white, in his late teens to early 20s; around 5ft 10ins tall with a slim to medium build. He had short dark hair, which was very short on the sides.
You may also want to watch:
He went off, with the woman, in the direction of King George V Playing Fields.
The woman is described as white, also in her late teens to early 20s, with a medium build. Her hair was tied back.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Police are appealing for witnesses to the assault, which took place between 12.15am to 12.30am, and would also like to talk to the couple involved.
Detective constable Glen Turrell-Oldacre is investigating and said: “This was an apparently unprovoked assault on a man who had come to the aid of a woman in distress.”
Contact police with information on 0845 33 00 222.