Man arrested following crash in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with failing to stop after a road accident following a crash in Welwyn Garden City.
Police were called at 12.49am on Saturday, June 9, to reports that a car had collided with a van in Howardsgate.
The road was blocked and the driver had fled from the scene.
Officers attended to search the area.
The car, a grey BMW 3 series, needed recovery and the road was clear by 2.10am.
You may also want to watch:
Later that morning a man was arrested.
• Warren Chapman, 30, of Astwick Avenue, Hatfield, has been charged with failing to stop after a road accident.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
He is due before St Albans Magistrates on July 10.