Man arrested after Welwyn Garden City death crash
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after a crash in which a biker died.
A black Suzuki motorbike and white Toyota Hilux pick-up van were in collision at about 11.45am on Friday on the B1000 Hertford Road near WGC.
The biker, a 63-year-old man from WGC, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, where he died of his injuries later that afternoon.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the crash, which happened near the viaduct, to come forward.
In particular, a woman who had just passed her driving test, may be a key witness.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “Two cars are believed to have been in the area at the time.
“There may have been a black VW Polo containing four girls in their late teens or early 20s, that may have stopped, but left before police arrived.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
“One mentioned she has just passed her driving test.”
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 21-year-old man from Northamptonshire was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was bailed until July.