Man arrested after Welwyn Garden City death crash
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after a crash in which a biker died.
A black Suzuki motorbike and white Toyota Hilux pick-up van were in collision at about 11.45am on Friday on the B1000 Hertford Road near WGC.
The biker, a 63-year-old man from WGC, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, where he died of his injuries later that afternoon.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the crash, which happened near the viaduct, to come forward.
In particular, a woman who had just passed her driving test, may be a key witness.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “Two cars are believed to have been in the area at the time.
“There may have been a black VW Polo containing four girls in their late teens or early 20s, that may have stopped, but left before police arrived.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
“One mentioned she has just passed her driving test.”
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 21-year-old man from Northamptonshire was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was bailed until July.