Man arrested after Welwyn Garden City death crash
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after a crash in which a biker died.
A black Suzuki motorbike and white Toyota Hilux pick-up van were in collision at about 11.45am on Friday on the B1000 Hertford Road near WGC.
The biker, a 63-year-old man from WGC, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, where he died of his injuries later that afternoon.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the crash, which happened near the viaduct, to come forward.
In particular, a woman who had just passed her driving test, may be a key witness.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “Two cars are believed to have been in the area at the time.
“There may have been a black VW Polo containing four girls in their late teens or early 20s, that may have stopped, but left before police arrived.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
“One mentioned she has just passed her driving test.”
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 21-year-old man from Northamptonshire was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was bailed until July.