Man arrested after arson in Hatfield
A MAN has been arrested following a suspected arson attack on a car in Hatfield today (Tuesday). Firefighters were called to Bradshaws in the town at 4.15am, where they found a
A MAN has been arrested following a suspected arson attack on a car in Hatfield yesterday (Tuesday) morning.
Firefighters were called to Bradshaws in the town at 4.15am, where they found a Vauxhall Corsa "well alight".
No-one was injured and a hose reel was used to extinguish the flames.
A police spokeswoman confirmed a 25-year-old man from Borehamwood was subsequently arrested on suspicion of both the attempted theft of a motor vehicle and arson.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently being questioned by police.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals