Man acted in a ‘sexually inappropriate manner’ on Welwyn Garden City train
A MAN who acted in a “sexually inappropriate manner” on board a train is being hunted by police.
A woman passenger boarded the 7.04pm train out of WGC station to Moorgate on Wednesday, January 20, when the man sat opposite her.
Pc Kerrie Price said: “The woman was seated in the second carriage from the front and a man sat opposite her.
“He began to rub the front of his trousers in an inappropriate way, which made the woman feel uncomfortable.
“She got up to move to a different part of the carriage, but the man followed her and continued to touch himself in front of her.”
You may also want to watch:
The man only stopped when he was disturbed after another man walked into the carriage.
It is unclear at which station the man got off the train.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Pc Price added: “We would also like to speak to another woman, who was in the same carriage and who may be a witness.”
British Transport Police this week released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
He is described as white, aged 20 to 25, of slim build and around 5ft 7in tall. He had short, brown hair and was wearing a dark green zip-up cardigan with dark tracksuit bottoms. Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40.