Man acted in a ‘sexually inappropriate manner’ on Welwyn Garden City train
A MAN who acted in a “sexually inappropriate manner” on board a train is being hunted by police.
A woman passenger boarded the 7.04pm train out of WGC station to Moorgate on Wednesday, January 20, when the man sat opposite her.
Pc Kerrie Price said: “The woman was seated in the second carriage from the front and a man sat opposite her.
“He began to rub the front of his trousers in an inappropriate way, which made the woman feel uncomfortable.
“She got up to move to a different part of the carriage, but the man followed her and continued to touch himself in front of her.”
You may also want to watch:
The man only stopped when he was disturbed after another man walked into the carriage.
It is unclear at which station the man got off the train.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
Pc Price added: “We would also like to speak to another woman, who was in the same carriage and who may be a witness.”
British Transport Police this week released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
He is described as white, aged 20 to 25, of slim build and around 5ft 7in tall. He had short, brown hair and was wearing a dark green zip-up cardigan with dark tracksuit bottoms. Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40.