Male voice choir tackle Welwyn Rugby Club concert
WGC Male Voice Choir gave an open air concert to a good sized audience at Welwyn Rugby Club. An appreciative crowd enjoyed a varied programme of over 20 compositions, which included songs from shows, spirituals, traditional English melodies and a piece s
WGC Male Voice Choir gave an open air concert to a good sized audience at Welwyn Rugby Club.
An appreciative crowd enjoyed a varied programme of over 20 compositions, which included songs from shows, spirituals, traditional English melodies and a piece sung entirely in Welsh.
Supporting the choir were musician students from Stanborough School, in WGC, the Wheatcroft School Choir from Hertford and band Accent on Jazz, who between them provided an excellent range of musical styles.
The programme ended with the audience augmenting the choir with a rousing rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone.
You may also want to watch:
The weather was kind to this al fresco event until rain forced the choir to move into the clubhouse, situated in Hobbs Way, WGC, which provided an ideal venue for the last quarter.
Nearly all of the choir's engagements support charitable fundraising, with venues ranging from village halls to churches, day-care centres to theatres and rugby clubs to cathedrals.
- 1 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 4 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield
- 9 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 10 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
The choir is always looking to recruit new members and would be delighted to welcome anyone who relishes the idea of having fun, enjoying the fellowship and singing a range of different types of choral music.
Rehearsals are held on Thursdays at 7.30pm at the Methodist Church in Ludwick Way, WGC.