Male voice choir tackle Welwyn Rugby Club concert
WGC Male Voice Choir gave an open air concert to a good sized audience at Welwyn Rugby Club. An appreciative crowd enjoyed a varied programme of over 20 compositions, which included songs from shows, spirituals, traditional English melodies and a piece s
WGC Male Voice Choir gave an open air concert to a good sized audience at Welwyn Rugby Club.
An appreciative crowd enjoyed a varied programme of over 20 compositions, which included songs from shows, spirituals, traditional English melodies and a piece sung entirely in Welsh.
Supporting the choir were musician students from Stanborough School, in WGC, the Wheatcroft School Choir from Hertford and band Accent on Jazz, who between them provided an excellent range of musical styles.
The programme ended with the audience augmenting the choir with a rousing rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone.
You may also want to watch:
The weather was kind to this al fresco event until rain forced the choir to move into the clubhouse, situated in Hobbs Way, WGC, which provided an ideal venue for the last quarter.
Nearly all of the choir's engagements support charitable fundraising, with venues ranging from village halls to churches, day-care centres to theatres and rugby clubs to cathedrals.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
The choir is always looking to recruit new members and would be delighted to welcome anyone who relishes the idea of having fun, enjoying the fellowship and singing a range of different types of choral music.
Rehearsals are held on Thursdays at 7.30pm at the Methodist Church in Ludwick Way, WGC.