Majestic display for Potters Bar flower club
GREEN-FINGERED enthusiasts were given a masterclass in the art of flower arranging, courtesy of two florists from Potters Bar.
Stephanie and Eddie Liu, from Majestic Flowers in Darkes Lane, visited members of Potters Bar Flower Club during its November meeting at King Charles the Martyr Church, in Mutton Lane.
The couple demonstrated how to make a series of strange and wonderful creations, including buttonholes of orchids and copper wire, a miniature Christmas tree and two hand-tied bouquets including a Valentine’s Day arrangement of red roses.
“We gleaned some very useful new ideas from Stephanie and Eddie but with their light-hearted repartee we also had a very entertaining evening,” said Chris Youthed, of the flower club.
The club’s next meeting is on Wednesday, December 8 at 8pm, when there will be a Christmas demonstration by Lisa Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
It will be held at King Charles the Martyr Church.
Visitors are welcome, and cost of entry is �4. For further information call 01707 850089 or 01707 656796.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure