Majestic display for Potters Bar flower club
GREEN-FINGERED enthusiasts were given a masterclass in the art of flower arranging, courtesy of two florists from Potters Bar.
Stephanie and Eddie Liu, from Majestic Flowers in Darkes Lane, visited members of Potters Bar Flower Club during its November meeting at King Charles the Martyr Church, in Mutton Lane.
The couple demonstrated how to make a series of strange and wonderful creations, including buttonholes of orchids and copper wire, a miniature Christmas tree and two hand-tied bouquets including a Valentine’s Day arrangement of red roses.
“We gleaned some very useful new ideas from Stephanie and Eddie but with their light-hearted repartee we also had a very entertaining evening,” said Chris Youthed, of the flower club.
The club’s next meeting is on Wednesday, December 8 at 8pm, when there will be a Christmas demonstration by Lisa Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
It will be held at King Charles the Martyr Church.
Visitors are welcome, and cost of entry is �4. For further information call 01707 850089 or 01707 656796.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM