Magic Summer Live organisers say ‘sorry’ for concert problems
PUBLISHED: 17:15 19 July 2011 | UPDATED: 22:14 21 July 2011
Casey Gutteridge, CPG Photography
THE organisers of Magic Summer Live have apologised to people who suffered problems at Sunday’s concert featuring Sir Elton John.
Angry concert-goers have been contacting the Welwyn Hatfield Times in their droves to complain about the organisation of the event, which took place at Hatfield House.
* Queues of up to THREE HOURS just to get into car parks - meaning many missed most of the support acts.
* "Abysmal" sound quality - with acts on the main stage being drowned out in certain areas by music from fairground rides.
* A ban on food and drink being brought in - then waits of up to two hours at "not enough" food outlets.
* No signs directing people where to go to get in and out of Hatfield House - and security staff who didn't know either.
The event was run by Full Circle Live and, on behalf of both the venue Hatfield House and radio station Magic 105.4, a spokeswoman acknowledged there were "some organisational difficulties".
Speaking to the Welwyn Hatfield Times today (Tuesday), the spokeswoman said: "We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
"While we have received very positive comments about the show from many of the 20,000+ concert goers, we are sorry that some of the logistical matters, particularly around car parking and food and drink availability were not up to the normal standards of the organisers.
"We have noted and appreciate the comments made so that we can seek to improve any future events undertaken."
* For more on this story, including a concert review and photographs, see this week's Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow (Wednesday).
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.