Macmillan’s dedicated phone service for those affected by cancer
A DEDICATED telephone service and an internet forum are more ways Macmillan Cancer Support is helping those affected by the disease.
The Welwyn-based charity is hoping to raise �100,000 in Hertfordshire this year – its centenary – to continue funding such projects.
A Macmillan spokeswoman said: “When you’re affected by cancer you want to know there’s always someone you can turn to for help.”
She added: “You don’t need a reason to call us. Just talking to someone who understands can be the best way to get through a bad day.
“You can also share your experiences in our online community.
You may also want to watch:
“Or find support in your area with a local cancer support group.”
One woman who benefited from the service said: “After my dad’s heartbreaking diagnosis, I turned to Macmillan.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
“They told me about treatments, resources, how to make my father more comfortable, and comforted me when I was feeling low.
“It was invaluable.”
The phone service number is 0808 808 00 00 at the end of the line there are trained professionals to help or just listen.
The online forum can be found at http://community.macmillan.org.uk/whatsnew/default.aspx