Macmillan fundraising efforts continue in Welwyn Garden City
EFFORTS to raise cash for Macmillan Cancer Support in its 100th year continued apace this week.
A charity night at the Shamrock Club, in Welwyn Garden City, was “a great success” raising �1,200.
The money came from ticket sales and a raffle.
Organiser Paul Humphreys thanked Claire Swinburn at Lobster Pot Catering after she laid on a buffet for 160 people. He also praised others who helped including the Shamrock Club and a disco was provided by Andy Wallace.
The event also featured magic and face-painting.
You may also want to watch:
Paul is trying reach a target of �7,400.
He said: “We have raised �4,000 towards our target of �7,400 and we are thinking of our next fundraiser.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Another event in aid of the charity, which has its Hertfordshire HQ in Welwyn, is the Hertford Civic Dinner.
The bash will be held at The Whistling Duck Restaurant, in Hertford, on March 5.
Tickets are available from Hertford Castle or the Town and Tourist Information Centre at 10 Market Place.
Debit and credit card bookings can be made over the phone on 01992 584322.