Macmillan fundraising efforts continue in Welwyn Garden City
EFFORTS to raise cash for Macmillan Cancer Support in its 100th year continued apace this week.
A charity night at the Shamrock Club, in Welwyn Garden City, was “a great success” raising �1,200.
The money came from ticket sales and a raffle.
Organiser Paul Humphreys thanked Claire Swinburn at Lobster Pot Catering after she laid on a buffet for 160 people. He also praised others who helped including the Shamrock Club and a disco was provided by Andy Wallace.
The event also featured magic and face-painting.
You may also want to watch:
Paul is trying reach a target of �7,400.
He said: “We have raised �4,000 towards our target of �7,400 and we are thinking of our next fundraiser.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
Another event in aid of the charity, which has its Hertfordshire HQ in Welwyn, is the Hertford Civic Dinner.
The bash will be held at The Whistling Duck Restaurant, in Hertford, on March 5.
Tickets are available from Hertford Castle or the Town and Tourist Information Centre at 10 Market Place.
Debit and credit card bookings can be made over the phone on 01992 584322.