Macaw blimey! Missing parrot reunited with Hatfield family
A PARROT has been reunited with his beloved Hatfield family after he flew the nest. Barney, the African grey parrot, was obviously going crackers being stuck at home, so last Sunday in the nice weather he went squawkabout. After searching for
A PARROT has been reunited with his beloved Hatfield family after he flew the nest.
Barney, the African grey parrot, was obviously going crackers being stuck at home, so last Sunday in the nice weather he went squawkabout.
After searching for what "felt like a very long weekend", owners Ian and Courtney Sutton, from Cornerfield, presumed he was gone forever.
However, Ian told the WHT after sticking up posters across Times Territory a vet phoned him up saying Barney had been found.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a one-in-a-million chance.
"We thought there was more chance of winning the lottery than getting him back.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
"Apparently he was found sitting on the balcony of someone's flat near the QE2 Hospital. But he could have been anywhere."
Barney, who "owns the roost" at his home where he has lived for four-and-a-half years - even swearing at the cats on a regular basis - escaped when the door was left open.
Ian said it was "great" to have him back home.
"He's like part of the family.
"My wife Courtney was delighted to have him home, it's her baby.