Macaw blimey! Missing parrot reunited with Hatfield family
A PARROT has been reunited with his beloved Hatfield family after he flew the nest. Barney, the African grey parrot, was obviously going crackers being stuck at home, so last Sunday in the nice weather he went squawkabout. After searching for
A PARROT has been reunited with his beloved Hatfield family after he flew the nest.
Barney, the African grey parrot, was obviously going crackers being stuck at home, so last Sunday in the nice weather he went squawkabout.
After searching for what "felt like a very long weekend", owners Ian and Courtney Sutton, from Cornerfield, presumed he was gone forever.
However, Ian told the WHT after sticking up posters across Times Territory a vet phoned him up saying Barney had been found.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a one-in-a-million chance.
"We thought there was more chance of winning the lottery than getting him back.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
"Apparently he was found sitting on the balcony of someone's flat near the QE2 Hospital. But he could have been anywhere."
Barney, who "owns the roost" at his home where he has lived for four-and-a-half years - even swearing at the cats on a regular basis - escaped when the door was left open.
Ian said it was "great" to have him back home.
"He's like part of the family.
"My wife Courtney was delighted to have him home, it's her baby.