Lucky escape for punter as car crashes into Welwyn Hatfield pub
A PUBGOER was inches away from being knocked over by a car last night (Tuesday) as it ploughed through a village tavern’s fence.
Landlord of the Sun Inn, Ian Hartley, said the blue Rover turbo skidded just “nine inches” from one of his customers as it left the road at 9.30pm.
It comes just two weeks after a similar accident at the Lemsford pub, when a Ford Transit van careered off the icy road and ploughed through the fence, destroying �1,000 worth of Christmas decorations.
Ian said: “It happened in exactly the same place again, destroying the three new replacement fence panels.”
Luckily no-one was injured again.
You may also want to watch:
But Ian again voiced his concerns about the gritting of the road through the village.
“It’s a tragedy waiting to happen,” he added.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Both police and the fire service attended the scene, which was cleared by 10.40pm.