Lucky escape for punter as car crashes into Welwyn Hatfield pub
A PUBGOER was inches away from being knocked over by a car last night (Tuesday) as it ploughed through a village tavern’s fence.
Landlord of the Sun Inn, Ian Hartley, said the blue Rover turbo skidded just “nine inches” from one of his customers as it left the road at 9.30pm.
It comes just two weeks after a similar accident at the Lemsford pub, when a Ford Transit van careered off the icy road and ploughed through the fence, destroying �1,000 worth of Christmas decorations.
Ian said: “It happened in exactly the same place again, destroying the three new replacement fence panels.”
Luckily no-one was injured again.
You may also want to watch:
But Ian again voiced his concerns about the gritting of the road through the village.
“It’s a tragedy waiting to happen,” he added.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Both police and the fire service attended the scene, which was cleared by 10.40pm.