Lucky escape for punter as car crashes into Welwyn Hatfield pub
A PUBGOER was inches away from being knocked over by a car last night (Tuesday) as it ploughed through a village tavern’s fence.
Landlord of the Sun Inn, Ian Hartley, said the blue Rover turbo skidded just “nine inches” from one of his customers as it left the road at 9.30pm.
It comes just two weeks after a similar accident at the Lemsford pub, when a Ford Transit van careered off the icy road and ploughed through the fence, destroying �1,000 worth of Christmas decorations.
Ian said: “It happened in exactly the same place again, destroying the three new replacement fence panels.”
Luckily no-one was injured again.
You may also want to watch:
But Ian again voiced his concerns about the gritting of the road through the village.
“It’s a tragedy waiting to happen,” he added.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
Both police and the fire service attended the scene, which was cleared by 10.40pm.