'Lucky' escape for motorist in M25 accident
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital this morning (Wednesday) after his car collided with a lorry and overturned on the M25. The accident happened shortly after 9am, when a red Renault Megane Scenic collided with an articulated lorry and overturned on the ant
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital this morning (Wednesday) after his car collided with a lorry and overturned on the M25.
The accident happened shortly after 9am, when a red Renault Megane Scenic collided with an articulated lorry and overturned on the anti-clockwise carriageway between junction 24 Potters Bar and junction 23 South Mimms.
A section of the carriageway was closed as the driver of the Renault, a 54-year-old man from Romford, Essex, was treated at the scene by ambulance crews from Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Watford. The Herts Air Ambulance also attended.
The man was taken by land ambulance to Barnet General hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry, who had stopped further down the road, was uninjured.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "The man was very lucky indeed not to have sustained serious injuries following this collision. He was treated at the roadside by paramedics and doctors before being conveyed to Barnet General hospital with minor injuries."
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
The anti-clockwise carriageway has since re-opened and traffic is back to normal.