Loungers still set to take over old Post Office site in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A lounge bar in Welwyn Garden City has confirmed that it will still take over the old Post Office site despite the stress on the hospitality sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Loungers UK Ltd spokesperson told the WHT: “We are still committed to opening Postino Lounge but we are unable to confirm a date yet”.
The company – which runs lounge bars across Hertfordshire and London – has already been granted an alcohol licence and planning permission for the Howardsgate address, at the corner of Wigmores North, for restaurant and/or bar use.
But it has not been smooth sailing for some other restaurants businesses in the town with Zizi’s closing a few months ago.
Zizi has not responded to the WHT’s repeated enquiries on whether the pizza place will reopen but staff have confirmed they have been made redundant.
You may also want to watch:
Prezzo in Hatfield has also reopened along with other restaurants like Bill’s and pubs in Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules