Lotus car event in Wheathampstead brings in more than £1,000 for Welwyn Garden City charity
- Credit: Archant
A classic Lotus car event in Wheathampstead raised more than £1,000 for a Welwyn Garden City charity on August 17.
Jill Ricketts has organised the event, with her motorhead husband, every year for 10 years to help Isabel Hospice.
Most of the money is given in donations on the day by Lotus car enthusiasts that want to look at Malcolm Ricketts racers.
"My husband used to be a racer of Lotus cars and so we just rely on word of mouth to get people to come by and donate their time and money," Mrs Ricketts told the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
"I used to volunteer with Isabel Hospice in the early days and now we just think its a local charity we want to support."
You may also want to watch:
She said the highlight of the day was a Lotus 38 that raced at Indianapolis in the 1960s.
The couple raised more than £1,700 for Isabel Hospice and are looking forward to next year already.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 5 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 6 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 10 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation