Lorry movements decision delayed

PUBLISHED: 11:36 28 January 2008 | UPDATED: 22:19 26 October 2009

A DECISION on whether to cut lorry movements from a waste transfer site has been delayed. Residents disturbed by the traffic going to and from the Chas Storer site in Northaw will have to wait until March 7 to find out whether movements will be ordered to

A DECISION on whether to cut lorry movements from a waste transfer site has been delayed.

Residents disturbed by the traffic going to and from the Chas Storer site in Northaw will have to wait until March 7 to find out whether movements will be ordered to be decreased.

Last week, an inquiry inspector at County Hall, Hertford, heard comments from both sides and set a date for the decision before visiting the site and surrounding area.

Craig Curtis, a director of Chas Storer, insisted it was now just a case of "wait and see".

"This has been going on for so long that I have no idea what the decision will be. "We'll know our legal position in March," he said.

Resident Judy Almond, from Coopers Lane, Northaw, gave evidence against Chas Storer and said: "It's a case of holding our breath until then and it's a complicated issue that I hope we come away from successful.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times