Lorry fire sparks closure of M25 near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A meat-laden lorry has burst into flames on the M25 near Potters Bar, forcing the closure of the clockwise carriageway this morning (Tuesday).
The HGV caught alight at 8.47am in between Junctions 23 and 24 of the road, and firefighters are currently on scene battling the blaze.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “The fire brigade are on the scene at the moment, the incident happened at 8.47am this morning.
“Currently road users will be experiencing a delay of around 30 minutes on their normal journey time.”
Herts police has said it will be between 30-45 minutes until one lane of the carriage way is re-opened.
A spokeswoman for the force said it did not appear anyone was injured in the fire.
Twitter users have voiced their shock at the blaze, with @WordsByAysha posting: “Hoping nobody was injured!
- 1 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 2 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 4 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 5 things to do on a rainy day in Hertfordshire
- 7 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 8 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
“I could feel the heat from the other side of the motorway!”