Local election results for Potters Bar
TORIES held on in Potters Bar in the local elections.
The three Potters Bar wards all saw Conservative victories.
And overall the Liberal Democrats were wiped out in Hertsmere, following the national trend of a backlash against the party.
They lost both their seats on the council.
The Results were:
You may also want to watch:
Potters Bar Furzefield
Jim Fisher (Lab) 532
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
Ron Morris (Con) 1,281
Susan Oatway (LibDem) 275
Turnout: 43.4 per cent.
Potters Bar Oakmere
Robert Calcutt (Con) 1,092
John Doolan (Lab) 566
David Rutter (UKIP) 236
Michael Willett (LibDem) 125
Turnout: 36.9 per cent.
Potters Bar Parkfield
Peter Bonner (LibDem) 394
Paul Hodgson-Jones (Con) 1,876
Derek Marcus (Lab) 454
Turnout: 45.9 per cent.
Overall on Hertsmere Borough Council the picture has changed from:
Conservative 34 seats
Labour 3 seats
LibDem 2 seats
Conservative 35 seats
Labour 4 seats