Spring May Bank Holiday bin collection changes in Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Alan Davies
Bin collections in Welwyn Hatfield will be on different days next week due to the late May Spring Bank Holiday on Monday.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is running a revised collection service across the borough as there will be no collections on Bank Holiday Monday, May 31.
Collections in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield will return to normal from Monday, June 7, 2021.
So when is my bin scheduled to be collected?
The bank holiday on Monday puts the whole week's schedule back a day across the borough.
So if your normal collection date is Monday, May 31, your bins are now due to be collected on Tuesday, June 1.
The knock-on effect is that bins that would normally be collected on Tuesday will now be emptied on Wednesday, June 2.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
Bins normally collected on Wednesdays will be a day later next week, on Thursday, June 3.
Likewise, Thursday's regular bin collections will be picked up on Friday, June 4.
If your normal collection date is a Friday, it should be collected the following day, on Saturday, June 5.
To check when your bin is due for collection in Welwyn Hatfield, visit www.welhat.gov.uk/bin-collections