Deadline approaches for proxy and postal vote registration
- Credit: Archant
The deadline for the council to receive a proxy or postal vote application for next month's local elections is drawing near.
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council is working to ensure that polling stations on May 6 are COVID-secure. However some people may not wish to vote in person.
The deadline for postal vote applications is Tuesday, April 20, while the deadline for proxy votes applications is Tuesday, April 27.
Details on how to apply can be found at www.welhat.gov.uk/elections/faq/post-proxy
If you already have a proxy or postal arrangement in place, and your details have not changed, you do not need to take action.
Completed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com
WHBC chief executive Ka Ng said: “Applying for a postal or proxy vote is a straightforward process so I would urge any resident who is thinking of using either of these methods to apply as soon as possible."
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years