May Bank Holiday bin collection date changes in Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Alan Davies
Bin collections in Welwyn Hatfield will be on different days next week due to the early May Bank Holiday on Monday.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is running a revised collection service next week.
There will be no collections on Bank Holiday Monday, May 3.
So when will my bin be collected?
The bank holiday on Monday puts the whole week's schedule back a day across the borough.
So if your normal collection date is Monday, May 3, your bins will be collected on Tuesday, May 4 instead.
The knock-on effect is that bins that would normally be collected on Tuesday next week will now be emptied on Wednesday, May 5.
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 7 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
Bins normally collected on Wednesdays will be a day later next week, on Thursday, May 6.
Likewise, Thursday's regular bin collections will be picked up on Friday, May 7.
If your normal collection day is scheduled for Friday, it will be collected the following day, on Saturday, May 8.
Collections in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield will return to normal from Monday, May 10, 2021.
To check when your bin is due for collection in Welwyn Hatfield, visit www.welhat.gov.uk/bin-collections