Welwyn Hatfield bin collection dates over Easter holiday
- Credit: Alan Davies
Bin collections in Welwyn Hatfield will be on different days over Easter due to the bank holiday on Monday.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is running a revised collection service over Easter.
So when will my bin be collected?
Residents who normally have their bin collected on Friday (today) will have their bins collected as normal on April 2.
However, collections will be a day later after the Easter weekend.
The bank holiday on Monday puts the whole week's schedule back a day.
So if your normal collection date is Monday, April 5, your bin will be collected on Tuesday, April 6 instead.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
The knock-on effect is that bins that would normally be collected on Tuesday next week will now be emptied on Wednesday, April 7.
Bins normally collected on Wednesdays will be a day later next week, on Thursday, April 8.
Likewise, Thursday's regular bin collections will be picked up on Friday, April 9.
If your normal collection day is scheduled for Friday, April 9, it will be collected the following day, on Saturday, April 10.
Collections in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield will return to normal from Monday, April 12, 2021.
To check when your bin is due for collection, visit www.welhat.gov.uk/bin-collections