Welwyn Hatfield bin collection dates over Easter holiday
- Credit: Alan Davies
Bin collections in Welwyn Hatfield will be on different days over Easter due to the bank holiday on Monday.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is running a revised collection service over Easter.
So when will my bin be collected?
Residents who normally have their bin collected on Friday (today) will have their bins collected as normal on April 2.
However, collections will be a day later after the Easter weekend.
The bank holiday on Monday puts the whole week's schedule back a day.
So if your normal collection date is Monday, April 5, your bin will be collected on Tuesday, April 6 instead.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 9 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
The knock-on effect is that bins that would normally be collected on Tuesday next week will now be emptied on Wednesday, April 7.
Bins normally collected on Wednesdays will be a day later next week, on Thursday, April 8.
Likewise, Thursday's regular bin collections will be picked up on Friday, April 9.
If your normal collection day is scheduled for Friday, April 9, it will be collected the following day, on Saturday, April 10.
Collections in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield will return to normal from Monday, April 12, 2021.
To check when your bin is due for collection, visit www.welhat.gov.uk/bin-collections