Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Frost and ice on the roads have meant that bin collections are suspended.
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council cancelled the service today and yesterday due to unsafe conditions on roads and pavements.
The council added: "Cleansing crews are clearing snow and ice from priority areas including outside Parkway and Moors Walk doctors which are being used as vaccination centres."
The council explained that residents should put out refuse and recycling, black and blue-lidded bins, on the usual day as crews are working as quickly as possible to catch-up from missed collections this week, including on Saturday.
But food waste and garden waste collections are suspended this week (January 25-29) to allow crews to prioritise our more critical collection services.
Scheduled collections will resume the week commencing February 1, weather permitting.
Hertsmere has so far announced no delays to its collections.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City