Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Frost and ice on the roads have meant that bin collections are suspended.
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council cancelled the service today and yesterday due to unsafe conditions on roads and pavements.
The council added: "Cleansing crews are clearing snow and ice from priority areas including outside Parkway and Moors Walk doctors which are being used as vaccination centres."
The council explained that residents should put out refuse and recycling, black and blue-lidded bins, on the usual day as crews are working as quickly as possible to catch-up from missed collections this week, including on Saturday.
But food waste and garden waste collections are suspended this week (January 25-29) to allow crews to prioritise our more critical collection services.
Scheduled collections will resume the week commencing February 1, weather permitting.
Hertsmere has so far announced no delays to its collections.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics