Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Frost and ice on the roads have meant that bin collections are suspended.
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council cancelled the service today and yesterday due to unsafe conditions on roads and pavements.
The council added: "Cleansing crews are clearing snow and ice from priority areas including outside Parkway and Moors Walk doctors which are being used as vaccination centres."
The council explained that residents should put out refuse and recycling, black and blue-lidded bins, on the usual day as crews are working as quickly as possible to catch-up from missed collections this week, including on Saturday.
But food waste and garden waste collections are suspended this week (January 25-29) to allow crews to prioritise our more critical collection services.
Scheduled collections will resume the week commencing February 1, weather permitting.
Hertsmere has so far announced no delays to its collections.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone