Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Frost and ice on the roads have meant that bin collections are suspended.
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council cancelled the service today and yesterday due to unsafe conditions on roads and pavements.
The council added: "Cleansing crews are clearing snow and ice from priority areas including outside Parkway and Moors Walk doctors which are being used as vaccination centres."
The council explained that residents should put out refuse and recycling, black and blue-lidded bins, on the usual day as crews are working as quickly as possible to catch-up from missed collections this week, including on Saturday.
But food waste and garden waste collections are suspended this week (January 25-29) to allow crews to prioritise our more critical collection services.
Scheduled collections will resume the week commencing February 1, weather permitting.
Hertsmere has so far announced no delays to its collections.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 6 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 7 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 9 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
- 10 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes