County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire's chief fire officer has announced his retirement after 30 years of service in the county.
Darryl Keen has also led the county council’s Community Protection Directorate during a period of substantial change, and for the last year he has coordinated the county-wide response to COVID-19 as chair of Hertfordshire’s Strategic Coordinating Group.
Darryl said: “It has been a privilege to lead such capable, positive and enthusiastic teams and I have been extremely proud of the work the directorate and the Fire Service have undertaken to keep our communities safe.
"The time is now right personally for me to retire and I will be using the next six months to help us through the next stage of the fight against COVID, to press on with the work we have been doing around diversity and inclusion and to prepare the fire service for its next formal inspection by HMICFRS.
“Having been made a deputy lieutenant of the county in 2019 I plan to remain part of county life in the future but will be doing so on a voluntary basis.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor David Williams, leader of the county council, said: “We are extremely grateful for the immense contribution Darryl has made to Hertfordshire County Council, the community protection directorate and especially Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service during his time here and we wish him every happiness in the future."
Work to appoint a successor will commence shortly to allow for a successful handover; more details on this process will follow in due course. He will retire at the end of July 2021.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced