Little Heath and Potters Bar Scout Group’s �2,400 boost
A SCOUT group has been given a cash boost of more than �2,000 thanks to two Potters Bar councillors.
The 1st Little Heath and Potters Bar Scout Group has been awarded �2,400 in order to improve its hut in Quakers Lane.
The cash was given to the group by Hertsmere deputy mayor Peter Knell and councillor Tugay Sevincli, through Hertsmere Borough Council’s Ward Improvement Initiative Scheme (WIIS).
Under the scheme, residents and groups can apply to their ward councillors with a bid for cash to improve the area they live in.
Cllr Knell, who represents Furzefield ward, pledged his entire �2,000 allowance to the scouts, towards general repairs and replacement toilets, washbasins and windows.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Knell, who was made 1st Little Heath’s honorary president this year, said: “Cub and scout groups provide a wonderful range of activities for young people and I was delighted to be able to support this application.”
Meanwhile, Cllr Sevincli donated �400 towards a water heater and gate to the back of the hut.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
Group scout leader Nigel Hickson said: “The group has been going for 100 years and we have more than 45 boy and girl members.
“We work hard to raise our own funds and our leaders are all volunteers so the money is gratefully received and will make a big difference to our facilities.”